COVID-19: New booking-deposit details:
Due to the uncertainty of the situation, all booked dates can be re-arranged/postponed at any time (full details here).
Alternatively, any deposit payments paid after the 1st January 2021 are fully refundable if the venue or event has to cancel due to COVID-19/government restrictions..
Please contact us for any further information.
Options, prices, and how to book us
[table colwidth=”50|300|140|475″ colalign=”center|left|left|left”] Option,Performance Times (start to finish),Price for us only,Price for us with Sound System (+ £200.00) 1,Evening – 7.30pm to Midnight,£999.00,£1199.00 2,Afternoon – 1.00pm to 4.30pm,£599.00,£799.00 3,Evening & Afternoon – 1.00pm to Midnight (or any time between),£1399.00,£1599.00 (if in the same location) ,Additional Time – £80.00 per half hour,,[/table]
Travel, Expenses, Accommodation, and London Fee
- Travel at £0.45 per mile return journey from Hamble, Southampton (SO31 4RF) to the venue. (No charge if under 10 miles) *Distance worked out with Google Maps [ From SO31 4RF to *Venue* x 2 = £total ]
- Other expenses (where required): Parking, Road/Bridge Tolls, Congestion Charge etc.
- Central London £400.00 additional fee. Please contact us for details.
- Accommodation & long distance: Depending on location, we may need accommodation and extra travel / sustenance costs. Click here for full details.
- Prices are as stated (no added VAT etc & no hidden surprises!).
- The price includes any length of time up to, or between the start and finish times.
- If part of the DJ Sound System is provided by the client, we can sometimes reduce the price according what we need to supply.
- If the PA is supplied by the client or venue then it’s essential to be sure in advance that it’s in good condition, high quality and juicy enough for the show.
- If we supply the sound system it is for our own use only.
- We arrive 1 hour before the start time to set up and sound-check, and allow 1 hour after the end time to pack up (inclusive in price).
Included in the price
We bring our own lights (antique ship lanterns with cosy orange glow), props (drapes, tankards, vintage suitcases, and maybe the odd dinosaur!), attire (vintage style with caps, collared shirts, boots and braces), and percussion instruments.
How to book us
Stage 1 – Booking Deposit
Once we’ve confirmed our availability and what option you require, please pay half the total (excluding expenses) as deposit.
Once payment is received we’ll email you with an official booking confirmation / receipt. (Full payment at this time is also accepted, as some clients prefer to have everything done and dusted early.)
- Please note, it is not an official booking until we have received the deposit or full payment (the date will still available to others while unpaid).
- In some cases we may ask for a full payment up front, particularly with some corporate, last minute or international bookings.
- Deposit payments are non-returnable.
- We always honour a booking and never accept ‘buy out’ offers (we have a good reputation and wish to keep it!)
Stage 2 – Final Payment
Please pay the final half the total plus expenses 1 week or more before the event (We’ll send a reminder along with a final confirmation of all details just in case there are any changes).
- We always stick to the agreed price from the time of deposit payment. The only reason the price may alter is if a detail (such as location) is changed, and in which case we’ll inform you of this (we don’t believe in hidden £surprises!)
We can supply a data projector and back-lit screen, and we offer two options:
- Our classic ‘Still Moving’ show, with video clips and animations as seen at various festivals and events such as Twinwood Festival / Good Old Village Knees Up. Price £195.00
- Bespoke show. Perhaps you’d like to include a video you’ve created for your partner, family, customers or wish to display some photographs of loved ones etc. Price £195.00 + £35.00 per hour production time (if required).
We both have multimedia / film / graphics backgrounds, so please contact us for details or advice.
Please note that projections are only really worth booking if there’s space indoors and where we can control/dim lighting, or outside at dusk and night time. The projector kit is for our own use only.
Additional Sound Systems / PA for speeches
We have a lot of extra kit available and we’re very capable as sound engineers! Some events may require us to move to a second location very quickly, and it takes time to dismantle and re-set up, so in this instance we may need a secondary sound system in place. Here are the additional sound system / PA options:
- “Secondary Full DJ Sound System” – The ‘full works’ with big juicy sound! Additional cost: £300.00
- “PA for speeches” – We also offer to set up and operate PA for speeches, with us discretely present to ensure correct levels, quality, tidiness and that mics are passed between people neatly etc. Additional cost: £125.00
*None of the above need to be booked during the ‘deposit payment stage’ and can be paid for at the ‘final payment stage’. We’ll adjust the cost accordingly.
*We will need to arrive earlier and leave later to set up and dismantle (inclusive in cost, but venues may need to be aware of this)
*Any system(s) that we supply are strictly for our own use only, and will require us to be on hand to operate.
*We do not offer PA for bands (that’s for the band or specialist PA hire company to arrange – far too complicated for us!!)
*In some cases we may need to bring along an extra van and recruit assistants, so the price may change accordingly. We’ll inform you if this is the case.
Please feel very welcome to contact us to discuss any of the above, or any other options you may require. If we can’t help you we may be able to recommend somebody that can.
Meeting / Venue recce
It is always lovely to meet clients, but not essential (or often even possible where there’s long distance travel). We used to performing at all sorts of weird and wonderful venues all around the country and beyond, and all pre-planning can be done via email, phone, zoom or Skype.
However, we offer a free meeting if at a location we specify in Southampton (i.e. no travel!). For meetings or venue visits further away we ask for travel at 45p per mile plus £25 per hour (including travel time), plus food and accommodation if necessary (to be paid in advance). We can only meet during week-day evenings because weekends get a bit busy for us!
We often meet people at The Woolhouse / Dancing Man Brewery (who do lovely pies!), or The Butchers Hook (Bitterne Triangle), or The Jolly Sailor (Bursledon).
We bring along some vintage props as standard, but we also offer extra props (all in our classic Still-Moving ‘More Shabby than Chic’ Style!) such as vintage wooden trunks, more vintage suitcases, 1920’s bicycles, more gramophone players, granny lamps and more… please contact us for details/prices of items available for hire, or feel welcome to ask us for suggestions on where you can purchase props!
If you have any further questions please contact us.
Martin & Tom